Friday 21 March 2008

FULL WORM MOON (21 March 2008)

The Musick dedicated to this Esbat is:

JACK OR JIVE
KAGURA LIVE IN KYOTO

Original Issue: 1994 Dragnet ( Dragnet 010)

Margot-meter: 4,5 moons / 5

1. Snow-Covered Landscape
2. Morning Dew And The Crescent
3. Sea Of Flames
4. Woman In Black

THIS IS A WORK THAT I REALLY LOVE!

EVERY TIME I LISTEN TO THE FIRST, GORGEOUS TRACK, I IMAGINE MYSELF IN JAPAN CONTEMPLATING A MORNING "SNOW-COVERED LANDSCAPE" OUTSIDE THE WINDOW.
CHAKO VOICE IS DELICACY ITSELF AND MAKOTO'S BACKGROUND SIMPLY A PERFECT COMPANION TO HER GRACE...

...BUT SOON TRACK 2 KICKS IN AND, AFTER A WHILE, YOU'LL BE FACING DIAMANDA GALAS' LIKE DESTRUCTIVE FURY...WITH THE ANGEL CHAKO TRANSFORMING INTO A WITCH FIRST AND THEN RESEMBLING A MERCILESS DEMON!

I'D REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS ONE...

from Jack Or Jive homepage:

This largely restrained, ethereal performance flows almost like a single work, such is its unity. It seems to this listener that Jack Or Jive have been working up to this stunning work. With depth, drama and atmosphere, and the inclusion of subtle natural sounds, it truly grabs the attention. Chako's vocals are improvised and cover the fullrange of her abilities. Their most experimental album to date.

Nigel Harris

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hi Margot, i have downlowded your last post, thanks a lot for it,
Sorry if i can post a comment now, as i like very much listening good music when i am relax and in a good and positive moment,but as i don't have such a moment,
i will listen later ,and i will be happy to post a comment immediately after .
I just want to tell you that , because i would to thanks you for making such a wonderfull blog as yours.
You share music, but you share especially what you are, what you like .
That's make life better and pricelless , when people pool positive things .
Thanks for that.
Friendly yours
Noel from Belgium .

Anonymous said...

nice spaces created on this album, 'Snow-Covered Landscape' is the stand out for me.

tks Margot

Anonymous said...

Oh Margot, you are fantastic!

I've heard a bit about Jack or Jive
but never got my hopes up. This album
dashed any of my previous expectations
and I deeply enjoyed the blend of
cruel and tempting vocals with just
the light atmospheric touches that
were almost invoked by the artists.

I wish more music like this was
created but it seems a sore wish
because instead of creating, many
bands just develop and manufacture
their works.

This album will hopefully stand
the test of time and continue
inspiring thoughts about mortality
and the essence of beauty.

Once again, thank you Margot.

Margot F. said...

Truly fantastic comment, Dante.
I should ask you to provide the small reviews that I'm used to include in each of my posts.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome Margot.
It's you who should be thanked
most of all.

If I had to provide the reviews
I might get widely criticized for
using a more personal touch on the
music and what it meant to me rather
than most of the reviews I read.
On that note, I generally don't
trust reviews but rather only what
I've either listened to/heard from
a valuable source.

Always looking forward to your updates :)